Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
roly

Default Ongoing Pivot Table Issue

Hi,

Please see the attached spreadsheet.

I have created a pivot table using approximately 1,300 rows of data,
which I have reduced to 500 due to the 100Kb limit. When I tried to
move the Kilos field on the Main Report sheet into the data section sop
that I can include sub-totals for each product, I receive the error
message "Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row
or column items".

I have had this problem a couple of other times recently with hardly
any data and although I have managed to bodge something together, I
would like to be able to understand what I can do about this to prevent
it happening in the future. I have tried reducing the data to 500 rows
and studied this Microsoft link ''
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=820742) but it does not
really shed any light. I have also analysed a 1.4 million row query
used by a pivot table that I created recently, and this only gets this
error message when there are too many rows to fit onto the sheet.

What I cannot understand is how such a tiny amount of data will not
work correctly in a pivot table!!

Thanks ever so much for any help!!

Roly

|Filename: Duty Free Meat Forum2.zip |