Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Calculations from date and time values

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:15:07 -0800, "kp" wrote:

Ron:

Using just the time column (0:00:00) and your formula, it seems to be
calculating perfectly, until it gets down to the 900th minute (or just shy)
and it goes bonkers. Then starts giving me integers. Not sure why.

I don't know what "bonkers" means in this context.
I don't know what data you have in the time column (only the format and a few
samples).

Finally, the formula was not designed to be applied to just the time column. I
would expect that under certain circumstances, when used in that fashion, you
would obtain results different from what you expect.

Do you still have a date column?

If so, just combine the two columns within the formula:

=((B1+C1)-($B$1+$C$1))*1440

Be sure to format the result as General, or as Number with the desired number
of decimal places.

--ron