Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sailor

Default IF function

I'm sorry Bob, your formula shows the cells as an array. The other one does
not. I probably could have figured our how to change that, however the other
one worked the way it was. Thanks anyway for your help.
Sailor

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

The cells in the one that worked for you are contiguous!

--

HTH

RP

"Sailor" wrote in message
Bob,
Thanks for the reply. Your solution did not work, but I think only

because
the cells were not in a consecutive range. Here's another one I got that

did
work:

=IF(AND(A1=0,B1=0,C1=0),"GREEN",IF(AND(A1<0,B1< 0,C1<0),"RED","YELLOW"))
Sailor

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(COUNTIF(A2:C2,"=0")=3,"green",IF(COUNTIF(A2:C 2,"<0")=3,"red","yellow"))

--

HTH

RP

"Sailor" wrote in message
I want to create an if function that says If cell A, B and C are EACH

=0,
then insert the message "green", if the same three cells are EACH less
than 0
then insert the message "red", else insert message "yellow"

Any help would be appreciated!