Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Frank Drost

Default format cell with maximum value

Thanks for the response, but it does not what I want it to do. I have at the
moment
for a cell (B2) the following:

Cell value is|equal to|=max($B2:$K2)

format| colour cell red

the row has the following numbers, starting with b2

0 0 0 2 0 0 4 0 0 0

What I want is that if I place that conditional formatting on all those
cells, only cell H2 (value = 4) will turn red. What else do I need to do in
my formatting to achieve that? And I need to do that for all my rows.

ta

"bpeltzer" wrote:

Use conditional formatting. If your data starts in A7, then in A7, Format
Conditional Formatting. Use the drop-downs and text box to create your
condition:
If cell value is equal to =MAX($A7:$J7), then set your format appropriately.
Copy the format through your entire table.

"Frank Drost" wrote:

I have a list of number, say 10rows by 10 columns. I want to specify a
conditional setting for each cell so that if the cell has the highest value
in its row, the cell will be coloured red. So I will get 10 cells that will
be coloured red. How do I do that?

Thanks