Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rowan Drummond

Default format cell with maximum value

Say your data is in A1:J10. Select the range so that A1 is the
activecell. It should be white and you should see A1 in the Name Box on
the Forula Bar. Then from the menus select FormatConditional
Formatting. Change the first drop down from "Cell Value Is" to "Formula
Is" and in the second box enter the formula:
=A1=MAX($A1:$J1)
Click on the format button and choose your required format.

Note if your data is in a different range you will need to adjust the
formula accordingly.

Hope this helps
Rowan

Frank Drost wrote:
I have a list of number, say 10rows by 10 columns. I want to specify a
conditional setting for each cell so that if the cell has the highest value
in its row, the cell will be coloured red. So I will get 10 cells that will
be coloured red. How do I do that?

Thanks