Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default vlookup using two lookup values?

How do you mean? They are accomplishing the same thing surely?

Bob

"Dave R." wrote in message
I see now, because they're doing different things. :)

"Dave R." wrote in message
Cool, something more intuitive. Have not seen that version before..

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=INDEX(Sheet2!C1:C1000,MATCH(A1&B1,Sheet2!A1:A1000 &Sheet2!B1:B1000,0))

as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--

HTH

RP

"tjb" wrote in message
Is there a way to perform a vlookup with two lookup values? For

instance,
I'd like to look up the value of A1 and B1 in a table with A1 and B1
values
included to return cell C2 from the table. Any ideas? I've had

limited
succcess using concatenate and then using vlookup on that cell but

i'd
like
to not have to do the concatenate step.