Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using a 'Select' (Data Validation) List?

Howdy! I have a spreadsheet with a few hundred entries in it on sheet
1. One of the columns in the sheet is State, and an adjacent column is
County. I am only working with 3 or 4 states, but combined they have a
lot of counties! Since the Data Validation list option only holds so
many entries, I have had to add just the counties most used.

What I would like to do, is when a certain state is selected in column
'A' from a list, the list for column 'B' will show Only counties from
that state. Now I know the basics of how to do this - using an if
statement to check to see what column 'A' is, and to then pull the list
of counties from another sheet (sheet 3 for me), but I do not know how
to put it all together code wise. Any help would be very much
appreciated!

Thanks!
~Dan