Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
bpeltzer

Default add numbers but ignore text

Excel makes this really simple... grab the fill handle (small black box at
the very lower right corner) of cell A1. Drag to B1 (or as many columns as
you wish to fill). Excel will increment the counter for you. If you find
it's NOT incrementing and you want it to (or the opposite, it's incrementing
where you don't want it to), hold the control key down while you click and
drag.

"1vagrowr" wrote:

I think I posted this but I can't find it anywhere so here goes again:

A1 displays "Week 1". I want B1 to display "Week 2" using a formula.

I learn how to use Excel by fiddling around and posting here but this is
somewhat inefficient. Besides taking classes, what's the best route to take?
Books? Online?

Thanks ahead of time.