Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gary''s Student

Default add numbers but ignore text

This is a very common problem. You want to do math on cells containing both
text and numbers.

Select your cells and pull-down:
Format Cells Number Custom and enter "Week "General

The cell will show Week 1, but the formula bar will show 1.

In cell B1 put =A1+1, etc.
--
Gary's Student

"1vagrowr" wrote:

I think I posted this but I can't find it anywhere so here goes again:

A1 displays "Week 1". I want B1 to display "Week 2" using a formula.

I learn how to use Excel by fiddling around and posting here but this is
somewhat inefficient. Besides taking classes, what's the best route to take?
Books? Online?

Thanks ahead of time.