Gary Rowe

Select data/import external data/new database query. Select your datasource
or create a new one using the Microsoft text driver. Uncheck the use query
wizard and complete the process. In MSQuery select the columns in whatever
order you want and return to excel.

"D" wrote:

Hey guys- been searching for a while now, and all the posts are a little
more complex than I think this needs to be. Can you help?

Basically, I have a CSV file that I need to import into another 'Template'
file. But- here's the key- not EVERY column in the CSV file needs to import
into my template. Also, the columns in the CSV file are NOT in the same
order they need to be in the Template file. So, I need to be able to pick
and choose which columns import and go where. Does that make sense? Is there
an easy 'import mapping' system to use or any other way to do this? Like I
said, everything Im seeing is looking pretty complicated- more than I think
it needs to be. This seems as if it'd be fairly easy to accomplish, I'm just
not finding answers I need.
Thanks for any help.