Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
noyb

Default I need to change the path of the linked files - thousands ofthem.

Rename current correct linked workbook file. Create a new "old" workbook
dummy at the old location (it can be blank). Open both workbooks and
then do "save as" on the dummy to the correct current location. Save the
parent. Close Excel, delete dummy and rename the linked workbook to its
correct name.

Derekc wrote:
I need to change the path of the linked files - thousands of them, in batch
in my parent spreadsheet. How can it be done?

My old linked files are in:
='C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\PALOS VERDES BACK UP 2\UNIT
ENTRIES - CURRENT\

With a PC rebuilt, they are now in:
='C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Desktop\PALOS VERDES BACK UP 2\UNIT ENTRIES
- CURRENT\