Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
srwamp

Default Using military time but with 100 minutes not 60 minutes

Mr. Govier,

Thank you for responding back. But I would like the time 14.30 to change to
14.50 in the same cell. Meaning if I put 14.30 in A1 I would like it to
change to 14.50 in A1. Is that possible.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Sorry,
Forgot to add, Format the cell with the formula as General, or Number with
two decimal places.

If your time as 14:30 is in A1, then B1 = A1*24
B1 need to be formatted as described.

Regards

Roger Govier

Roger Govier wrote:
Hi

Time is stored in Excel as fractions of a day.
Multiply your time value by 24, and it will turn to decimal so 14:30
will be 14.5

Regards

Roger Govier

srwamp wrote:

Is it possible to convert regular time into military time. But instead
of using 60 minutes using 100 minutes. Ex. typing in 14.30 and it
changes to 14.50(which is using 100 minutes.) after you click enter or
go to the next cell. I use this in my work to help figure easier how
many hours my drivers have worked.