Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ted

Default help with formula

I was trying to get it to ignore empty cells and leave the cell where the sum
would normally display blank (as in without a zero)

I've used this now:

=IF(N(D24)=0,"",ROUND(D24*C48,3))

thanks for your help though, Ted.

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote:

I think Mike was trying to get you to say more about what you are
wanting and why you are not happy with what you are getting.

Your formula should "run" when cells are blank, but in that case will
return 0. If it is returning someting else, then the cells are likely
not really blank. If cells D23 and C42 contain formulas, then you need
to disclose what those formulas are.

Jerry

Ted wrote:

numbers - just using the "general" function

"Mike G" wrote:

whats in D23 and C42?

"Ted" wrote in message

Hi, can anyone tell me how to get:

=ROUND(D23*C$42,3)

answer appears in cell E23

to run when some cells are blank please? I have other formula doing
similar
stuff, but are unsure if the principles are generic - cant get it to work
either way, so are open to suggestions??

Ted.