Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Default Clear Cells

Hi Mike,

The MakeLastCell could be easily adapted, deleting only rows but
not columns. Clearing rows is not good enough you have to delete and save,
although there are ways to avoid doing that the results are not reliable. .

The easiest to use and fix the entire workbook at once was the macro in the
following article: Did you stop reading before you got to the DeleteUnused macro.
"Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?"

There is no save in the DeleteUnused macro, you will have to save the file when the
macro finishes. You want to use the macro. You will simply not be able to do
it manually with consistency.
---
HTH,

"Mike" wrote ...
doing that manually reduces my workbook from 5meg to 1 meg.
if i could automate this it would make things much faster,
thanks for any advice you can give,