Tom Ogilvy

After you get it in, you can use code to rearrange and delete columns.

Most of the code can be done by turning the macro recorder on and doing it
manually, then altering the recorded code if necessary.

Tom Ogilvy

"D" wrote in message news:MZYjd.245347$a85.189457@fed1read04...
Hmmm- I dont see that option. I go to DataImport I select my file,

select
my sheet, and then it imports the ENTIRE sheet into the file, not give me
the options as to which columns I want where. Any ideas? What am I

missing?
Thanks

"NickHK" wrote in message
D,
It's still text, just indicating that it is Comma Separated.

Alternative way is DataImport Text file, select which columns to drop,
then
rearrange your columns in the required order.

NickHK

"D" wrote in message news:naYjd.245283$a85.49229@fed1read04...
ok, this may sound silly here, but-
The CSV file isn't a text file per se', it's an Excel CSV file. Does

that
matter? I am checking that out now- thanks Nick.

"NickHK" wrote in message
D,
You could query the text file then.
Check out Dataget External dataNew database query and tailor to

your
needs
for the text file.

NickHK

"D" wrote in message
Hmmm- not sure about this. Someone was telling me about 'linking'
files
or
columns from one sheet to another. Is this easily done and can work

in
my
situation? How do I do it if it can work?
thanks

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote in message
D,

No mapping that I know of -- but easily done with macro

programming.
There are multiple ways to read a text file into a sheet,

depending
in
part on the version of Excel you're using. Check out
http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/textfiles.htm

--
Earl Kiosterud

"D" wrote in message
Hey guys- been searching for a while now, and all the posts are a
little
more complex than I think this needs to be. Can you help?

Basically, I have a CSV file that I need to import into another
'Template' file. But- here's the key- not EVERY column in the CSV

file
needs to import into my template. Also, the columns in the CSV

file
are
NOT in the same order they need to be in the Template file. So, I

need
be able to pick and choose which columns import and go where.

Does
that
make sense? Is there an easy 'import mapping' system to use or

any
other
way to do this? Like I said, everything Im seeing is looking

pretty
complicated- more than I think it needs to be. This seems as if
it'd
be
fairly easy to accomplish, I'm just not finding answers I need.
Thanks for any help.