Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Adam Kroger

Default Is there a worksheet function that will...

Is there a worksheet function that will copy (or return) the value of
another cell (not its formula), with the result being stable, even though
the orriginal cell was volitile?
=VALUE(B3) will return the data but it remains volitile.

I want to have a cell with an IF statement that when true will show what the
current RAND() number is as a number only. ie
IF(A1="Y",COPYasVALUE($B$3),"")

of course COPYasVALUE is not really an existing function in excel.

The end result I am trying to accomplish is to fill a range of cells with a
non-volitile randomly determined number only once, when a condition is met.

Here is one attempt of mine to accomplish this, it didn't work, and refers
to itself as well.
=IF(ISBLANK(V4),IF(U4="Y",ROUNDUP(RAND()*6+1,0),"" ),"")

ALTERNATELY:
Can you cause a portion of a spreadsheet to be calculated only on demand?
Devide the spreadsheet into 8 sections, and certain of the cells within the
section
would calculated only when a button would push, and not affected when the
button
for another section is pushed.

Sorry for the multiple directions of my questions, I am tryign to approach
the problem
from as many angles I can to find a solution.