Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott Steiner

Default Conditionally setting background color of a cell

Hi,

I made a calendar using excel. In each cell there is hard coded
conditional formatting to test if the day is a Saturday or a Sunday. If
this is true then the background color is set to red i.e. I have hard
coded the color to red by pressing on the "Format..." button in the
conditional formatting dialog and setting the the background color to
red. This is done for each cell.

This isn't very flexible at all though since I might want to change the
color from red to something else. So my question is, how can I set the
color of a cell that meets my "holiday condition" in a more flexible
way, maybe using VB?

Thanks for any tips.