Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
George Gee

Default Formula for

Andy

I think Bernard is trying to get you to think for yourself here.

Select cell C1, move your cursor to the lower right of the cell.
it will become a black cross, left-click and drag down to cell C15.

The formulas should change to reflect the row number.

George Gee

Andy JL wrote:
Bernard,
No, what I'm trying to do is apply the same formula that applies to
row 1 down to row 15 for example -
I.e if A1 is M the C1 is 8
if A2 is M then C2 is * and so on.
I tried to copy and paste the formula from C1 to cell C2 but it did
not change.

Andy JL

"bernard liengme" wrote:

If you copy IF(A1="M",8,IF(OR(A1="C",A1="V"),2,"Invalid Entry")
down to C2 it will automatically change to
IF(A2="M",8,IF(OR(A2="C",A2="V"),2,"Invalid Entry")

does that answer question?
Bernard

"Andy JL" wrote in message
Ron,

Thank you very much for that prompt reply- it works very well. Now
how could
I quickly apply the same formula down the complete column - ie A1
to A15 for
example with the result going in the corresponding row in column
C.1-15

Thank you again for your previous reply

Andy JL

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

C1: IF(A1="M",8,IF(OR(A1="C",A1="V"),2,"Invalid Entry")

Also, if you aren't already, you might want to use Data Validation
on Cell
A1 to only allow M,C, or V.

Does that help?

Ron

"Andy JL" wrote:

Hi.

I want a formula to enter into a cell - if A1 is "M" then I want
C1 to be
£8.00 or
if A1 is "C or V" then I want C1 to be £2.00. Is there a formula
that I can
enter in Cell C1 to make display either £2.00 or £8.00 depending
on wat is in
A1 -

Thanks for any help

Andy JL