Frank Kabel

Hi Harlan
Frank Kabel wrote...
..
thanks for this specific error explanation. But looking at the code

would suspect
that it is not this code part but the resetting of the

application.calculate mode to
automatic. Just executing the two statements

application.calculate=xlCalculationManual
application.calculate=xlCalculationAutomatic

will re-calculate volatile functions.

Perhaps they do, but do you think I don't know what I'm talking

about?
Start off with a new workbook, for good measure, UNINSTALL CF Plus,
enter =RAND() in A1, then format B1 with a red background, copy B1

and
paste special as format onto A1. What happens to the value in cell

A1?

So, you just didn't want to test my assertion?

Of course I tested it!. I stepped through the code and the pastespecial
calls did not alter the value of cell A1. I would suspect as I disabled
automatic calculation at the beginning the cell content is not changed.
Only after enabling automatic calculation again cell A1 changes.
I don't doubt that pasting formats also trigger a re-calculation and
I've tested it using the same approach you outlined above BEFORE
answering your post but even if I would remove this code parts from the
addin the re-setting of the calculation mode alone would trigger a
re-calculation (and I tested this as well).

[...]
So you broke a different fundamental programming rule: NEVER, repeat
NEVER! make last minute changes before releasing any code. The odds

are
phenominally high you'll screw things up. I'll let you figure out the
corrollaries with respect to feature locks.

:-) This change was a required bug fix and of course tested but as it
is obvious not for all cases. And as we don't have an automatic
regression tool setup this unfortunately could hapen.
I agree with you in general on this though. Call this a hotfix which
has not been tested enough on our side!

The 'garbage' is due to using a shape to indicate the used CF cells.

This feature
is only a 'nice to have' to show which cells have a CF applied.

OK, suggestion for long-term feature change: make it an optional
setting how to

O.K. :-)

Frank