Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Default barcode scan changes last 2 digits in excel 2003

Pre-format the cells as text. Excel will retain all 17 digits in that case

Disclosure - don't have experience with Excel input via barcode scanners, so
no guarantees

"patricklundmark" wrote:

ah yep for the periodicals it is 17 digits. so excel cant handle more?

"patricklundmark" wrote:

I have been busy scanning comics in for my shop and i just found out as i
have been pluging in the barcode scan it changes the last 2 digits from 11 to
00. this only happens on the periodicals that end in 11. i have tried
changing the format from number with no decimels. and it still does it. i
type in the last 11 and yet it changes to zeros when i switch feilds.