Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dtmd

Default Drop Down List

Oh - and the date's that are auto populated for the payperiod upon selection
are in Column B10-16 and B21-27.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

You can create a dropdown list with data validation. There are
instructions in Excel's Help, and he

You'll create a list of dates for the dropdown list, and in the column
to the right, you could enter the number of holiday hours for that
period. In cell T22, use a VLookup formula, to return the holiday hours
for the selected date, e.g.: =VLOOKUP(B22,DateList,2,0)

There's information on VLOOKUP he

dtmd wrote:
I have 2 separate needs:

1. I would like to create a drop down list for choices of various dates
(beginning of pay periods). I can't figure out how to do this.

2. I would like to set something up so that if a specific date is chosen -
one of my fields on the timesheet will autopopulate with 8 hours for the
holiday that falls within that pay period.

If you chose 1-9-2005 - the 2 weeks of dates within that payperiod will be
calculated. I want the drop down to be I3 and when the date of 1/8/2005 is
chosen - 1/17/2005 (B22) - would have the Holiday cell (T22) autopopulated
with an 8. An automatic fill of that cell would be nice as well.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List