Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Connie Martin

Default Macro to delete rows with same data

I need another macro! Boy, I wish I knew how to write these wonderful
things! In the sample below I need a macro that will delete the entire rows
where the data is repeated in a given column---that is, that it would delete
the repeat ones, leaving one of them. In this example, in the first set, all
that should be left are two rows which contain ME22N and MR8M in column E.
ME22N is repeated two more times and those rows need to be deleted. If I
could get a macro that would ask for the column to operate in, that would be
great for other spreadsheets where it would not necessarily be column E.

A B C D E
MACLEOL Lynn MacLeod P0040104 ME22N
MACLEOL Lynn MacLeod P0040104 ME22N
MACLEOL Lynn MacLeod P0040104 ME22N