Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
swright

Default Is there a way to automatically change the location of a formu

I know how to use the sum function, but I don't think I am presenting the
question properly. He wants to enter anywhere from 2 items to 30 in column
B. But, he wants the total to appear directly below the items, whether it's
2 or 30. But, he doesn't want to have to insert or delete cells. I was
wondering if there was some kind of floating formula.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

If there is nothing else in column A, then in any cell in B use =SUM(A:A)

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"swright" wrote in message
I am working on a spreadsheet for my supervisor. He wants the program to
be
able to calculate the total right below the amount of items he enters.
However, he may enter 1 item or 25. Is there some way to do this?