Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Default File does not display

I have a user that has a password-protected file that does not display after
providing the password. The sequence is as follows:

After double-clicking on the file the password dialog box is displayed,
where I enter the password

After clicking OK, another dialog box is displayed with the message "The
filename.xls is reserved by user name. Enter the password for write access
or open as read only.

The OK command button is grayed out, until I provide the password so I
provide the password again and click OK. I am then returned to the null
menu. Going to Window, all options are grayed out. CTRL + F6 does nothing,
and the file name does not show up in my recent list of files.

Any suggestions...
--
Kevin Backmann