Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suresh

Default refresh advanced filter results

One way is to create a table linked with the original input area table and
then carry out advanced filter on the linked table filtering the data on the
same location. You can create a macro to perform the advanced filter and
assign it to a button so that users can update the new data and perform the
filtering again by pressing the button.

"eagle" wrote:

Once an advanced filter has been set up in excel, is it possible to refresh
the results of the filter if the source data changes?

More background:
I'm creating a tool for users who are not savvy with excel. They enter
values against a list of names (A,B,C or D and 1,2,3 or 4). On another
worksheet I want the names to be displayed in a grid: everyone with an A1
goes into the top left of the grid, A2 next box to the right, etc.then
B1,B2... in the next row of the grid. I'm trying to do this using advanced
filters. The filters work when I set them up, but I don't know how to refresh
the results. EG, for the user, when they go back to change a value against
the original list, the name should move from one box in the grid to another.