Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Liv4fun

Default IF statements with more than 7 variables

Bruno Campanini Wrote:
"Liv4fun" wrote
in
message ...

I am trying to create a proposal form that based on the number of

users
the form changes prices.

I have a cell for number of users and then have a list of prices

based
upon the number of users. So if they say 4 users it takes the base
price and ads the price for the 4 users. My problem is I can only

say
"IF" 7 times thus I can only price 1-7 users and I need to get to a
point where it is 10 or more users. Is there another way other than
using the IF statement?

I hope this makes sense!

Let me put an example to see if I have got ok what you need
Given this table

Base price = 80
Users = 3

Price for Users
150 1
145 2
140 3
135 4
130 5
125 6
120 7
115 8
110 9
105 10

you want a formula calculating 220,
if Users = 8 then result = 195
if Users = 10 then result = 185 and so on.

???

Bruno

Yes pretty close. Actually if it were 8 users it would be the base
price plus user 1 plus user 2 plus user 3 and so on. Anything over 10
users say 15 would be the 10 user price 5 times plus the other 9
prices.

--
Liv4fun
Liv4fun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28858