Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Default How do you write an excel formula to sum data in every second cell

Say your data is in column A and in column B you enter:

=ISEVEN(ROW()+1)*1 and copy down. Then =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A100,B1:B100) will
get your desired result for 100 items.
--
Gary's Student

"Sarah needs to know" wrote:

I have a list of numbers all in one column and I want to be able to type in a
formula that will SUM the numbers in every second cell only, without having
to click on each cell individually. This is how I do it now,
=sum(a1+a3+a5+a7+a9+....etc). Is there a formula that will tell excel to do
this automattically? If so can you tell me how to do it?