Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Melissa

Default Sorting Numbers w/Aplha Suffix

A post titled "Sorting Issue. Please help" on 14 Nov suggests several ways to
answer your question. I personally think Ken Wright's 1st suggestion is the
most straight-forward. Copied here for you:

Convert everything to text. Assuming your data is in Col A, then in Col B
use
=""&A2 and copy down. Then copy and paste special as values and delete Col
A. Now sort on your data as you wish.

Please note diff with Bryan's suggestion. Here, it's equal doubleQuote
doubleQuote ampersand A2
"Moonray80" wrote:

Is there any way to properly sort a series of numbers with an alpha suffix?
Example:

92001
92001A
92001B
91005

I've tried to convert the numbers to text but the alpha suffix nubers still
end up in a separate group.