Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tereasajw

Default counting number of times value is greater than previous week

Need to be able to count the number of times the value is greater than the
previous week value in a row of numbers:
15, 13, 15, 14, 16, 17, 18
This would show a 4 as in for 4 weeks we were on an upward trend.

Then have to do the reverse for downward trends - on the same row of numbers.
15, 13, 15, 14, 16, 17, 18, 15, 14, 13
say 3 weeks later this would show downward trend for 3 weeks.

Could be 2 separate formulas. Any help would be appreciated - using a
massive if statment right now that only allows me to go back about 6 weeks -
so if the trend last longer than 6 weeks, I keep showing a 6 for the
following weeks. Trying to stay away from macros if possible.