Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jane

Default ??SUMPRODUCT? other solution?

Sheet 1: Sheet 2:

week # of avg Store week of
of ad stores sales Region # act. sls
act sls
Region 1 27 16 ? 1 145 23
77
Region 2 27 7 ? 1 592 23
0
Region 3 27 9 ? 3 106 28
251

The result is need is avg sales by way of:
On Sheet 1, IF the Region is named Region 1 AND the Week of Ad is 27, then
go to Sheet 2 and sum the data for stores in Region 1 that are in week 23 AND
are 0. Take this result and divide by the # of stores on Sheet 1 for a
result in avg sales.

IF SUM PRODUCT is the solution, I have read about SUMPRODUCT but don't
understand it enough to do it from my reading so if you could be so kind as
to provide me with a calculation, that would be so appreciated. If
SUMPRODUCT is not the solution, other suggestions please?

In advance, THANK YOU! jane