Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

Default How do I remove a hidden space in Excel cells

Don't use the address block. Instead, use the individual fields.
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"EJ B" <EJ wrote in message
Not sure if this is an Excel or Word problem...

I am doing a mail merge in Word (envelopes). I am pulling my data (name,
address, cit/state/zip) from an Excel .xls I created.

In mail merge, I select envelopes and go through all the steps.

I use the Address Block for the delivery address. However, when it pulls
the data over, the name line (first line of address block) is indented by
one
space. No matter what I do (place cursor at indent and use backspace or
place cursor at next two correct lines and add a space), the change
doesn't
take place. I've checked all the tabs as well.

Someone mentioned that I might have a hidden space in the cell but when I
look at my cells, I don't see anything obvious. Any ideas?