Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default how do i enlarge a pie chart by a fixed percentage?

Yeah, increasing the plotarea size will eventually be constrained by the
chartarea. And after seeing the OP's response, although I explain how to
use the VBA, changing the objects size certainly is the simpliest approach.

Cheers
Andy

Jon Peltier wrote:
Sure, but the OP didn't know what VBA was, and after stretching the plot
area a few times, it's constrained by the chart area (chart object)
anyway. The trick is to make the plot area as large as possible within
the chart area, then stretch the chart object to suit.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Andy Pope wrote:

Hi Jon,

I thought of that but this increases the chartobjects size. So
chartarea and plotarea increase. The code is the only systematic way I
could think of increasing just the plotarea.

Cheers
Andy

Jon Peltier wrote:

Here's an easier way. Hold Shift while you click on the chart. This
highlights the chart with white handles, not the usual black ones. On
the Format menu, select Object, and click on the Size tab. Check the
Lock Aspect Ratio box, then change 100% to 120% in either the Height
or Width Scale box.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

ellen s. wrote:

created a pie chart, and figured out how to drag the corner of plot
area to enlarge the chart size free-hand. how do i increase the
chart size by exactly 20% to show an increase of 20% in total
business size over last year's pie chart?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info