Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Count Function

Hi Steve

=OR(G6="v",G6="hv")

Regards

Roger Govier

Steve wrote:
Anne:

One more question for you. I also have a conditional format saying that if
formula is =G6="v" then the cell would turn color. How would I incorporate
that into the HV scenario?

"Anne Troy" wrote:

I think you're telling us you can't figure out a code for half days? I
mean... if it's a half day vacation, why not HV? Then: =countif($F6:$CQ6,
"V")+(countif($F6:$CQ6, "HV")*.5)
?
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Steve" wrote in message

I am using the count function for attendance tracking of Vacation, Personal
Time, & Sick Time. (Example: =COUNTIF($F6:$CQ6, "V")

Problem is that, now I need to be able to do half days. I have tried many
different formulas/ways to incorporate the half day scenario even without
using the count function with no success.

Do anybody have any ideas?