Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steven Sinclair

Default Formula Needed...

Can I zip and email you the spreadsheet in question?

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 07:58:13 -0800, Steven Sinclair
wrote:

I guess I need to explain it better...never really was that good at math.

8^)

Looking at all the available functions within Excel, the closest one to what
I'm looking for would have to be the RANK function. However, even that one is
not quite there. What I need is a function that, based on the numbers chosen
and the freqency of each number chosen, I'd like to display the results based
on a scale between 1% and 100% instead of based on the percent of how many
choices.

Does that make sense?

No. At least not in conjunction with your previous posts.

If you have 500 people each making one choice amongst 26 options; and 50 of
them choose option 2; then 50/100 = 10% will have chosen option 2.

If that's not the kind of result you are looking for, then I'd need to see a
better example of what the data looks like, and what the results should look
like, than I've seen so far.

--ron