Frank Kabel

Hi
do you use a English excel version?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"topkick" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I tried the INDex and get a #name? error

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

If your values are in A1:A100, enter =RAND() in B1 and copy down to
B100. Select a cell in column B and choose Data/Sort, sorting on

column
B. Take the first N alphanumerics in column A, where N is the

number of
samples.

Alternatively, to do it without sorting:

If you enter the RandInt User Defined Function found he

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.html

If your alphanumerics are in A1:A100, then to pull 15 samples,

select
B1:B15 and array-enter

=INDEX(A:A,RandInt(1,100))

In article ,
"topkick" wrote:

I have a column of employee id's that have alpha numeric

characters I need to
pull a random sampling for a drug test how do I do it? I tryed

rand() and
Randbetween and no luck making that work.