Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Teacher_Becky

Default Check book register template

I'm having the same difficulty of finding a way to extend/lengthen my balance
template. The Ctrl+D works great - I didn't know that - very handy. But it
seems to only work for existing cells. I need more than the 12 rows allotted
in this template. There doesn't seem to be any "insert rows" available. I'm
using Excel 2002. What are we missing?
Thanks for any more help on this.
Becky

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

When you insert a new, empty, row into a checkbook, you are usually
introducing a blank cell into a column containing formulae. You need to
continue the formulae through the blanks.

1. find a blank cell with a formula above
2. select the cell and touch CNTRL-D this will copy the formula from the
cell above
3. select the cell below the new (previously blank) cell and touch CNTRL-D
again
--
Gary's Student

"JM Hazel" wrote:

I just started using the Checkbook register template and love it. Until I
need to add some more rows, now the addition and subtraction feature in the
Balance column doesn't work.
What did I do wrong?
How can I continue to put information in added rows and continue to get the
Balance feature to work.
Thanks for your help
--
JM Hazel