Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default two-variable calculations continued ...

Gary is suggesting not using a macro, but using code like this

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1,B1"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
Me.Cells(.Row, "C").Value = Me.Cells(.Row, "A") + _
Me.Cells(.Row, "B").Value
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

RP

"fredonic" wrote in message
Could you be more specific, as I am still learning to program in excel.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use a worksheet change event macro. It can detect two cells entered and
calculate the third, See:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...m#wb_shtChange

--
Gary''s Student

"fredonic" wrote:

If I input a formula e.g. 'A1+B1=C1'; how do I tell excel to calculate

B1 if
I have A1 and C1's values or A1 if I have the other 2 values - doing

all this
using only the 3 original cells