Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
charlie

Default Paste special treats cells as a picture

I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but
whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function
treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special
popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different
popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object."
It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list
of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture
of the other file on the new one. I talked to someone else at work with a
new computer, and they have the same issue.
I've looked around, but I can't find any way to get it to stop doing this.
Thanks,