Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default Background picture behind chart

My suggestion, which Bernard confirmed (thanks!), is to use the picture
as the fill for the chart area.
Your description was that the image was a separate object from the chart
and it didn't survive the journey to html.

Did you use the fill approach?

RalphB wrote:
Yes, that is what I did, and the picture shows up just fine in the background
with the chart in the foreground as long as I'm in Excel. The problem occurs
when I Save as Web Page. The resulting html file does not show the picture,
just the chart.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Not tested but could you use the picture as the Fill Special for the
chart or plot area?

Cheers
Andy

RalphB wrote:

In Excel I have successfully inserted a picture behind an interactive chart
so the chart (graph) is visible overtop of the picture. But when I Save as
Web Page the picture doesn't show up. The graph is fine, and is interactive,
but the background picture file (gif) has disappeared. How can I preserve
the picture so it will save as part of the Web Page? Thanks.

Ralph

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info