Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Default Formula Needed...

Sum all your frequencies. If they exceed 500 you have a data integrity issue.

"Steven Sinclair" wrote:

I thought so too, but when I put that formula in, I end up with values over
100%.

Thanx.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

wouldn't it just be the frequency divided by 500?

"Steven Sinclair" wrote:

I have a row of numbers from 1 to 26 in cells A1 to Z1 representing numbers
'chosen' at random by 500 unique people.

I have another row of numbers representing the 'frequency' that the
aforementioned number was chosen in cells A2 to Z2.

Example:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...
10 4 16 9 23 20 61 13 18 43 17 ...

Is there a formula that I could use to calculate the percentage (0%-100%)
that each number was chosen?

Thanx.