Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suresh

Default How do I append data in several cells in one column

If Concatenation works, you might paste the concatenated column as values
before deleting the reference cells.

if too many columns have to be combined, you can consider saving it as a
text file and then reopening the text file in excel. This will work only on a
single worksheet.

"Tim" wrote:

How do I append data in several cells in one column? I have a situation where
I have several worksheet with approximately 2000 records on each worksheet. I
have to append the data in 2 of the several columns of information. I cannot
permanently change the formatting of the documents. I am looking for
something that can be done on a large scale with a minimum of keystrokes. I
have tried concatenation, but when I delete the reference cell, the program
faults out. I would appreciate any help..