Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default selecting multiple sheet tabs and open another workbook

Bannor

I do not experience this problem of the source book losing its multiple sheet
selection.

However, you cannot copy data from multiple sheets and paste to another
workbook.

You could copy the sheets themselves, but not parts of each at same time.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 02:16:06 -0800, Bannor
wrote:

I often have to move or copy data from multiple worksheets at a time and
paste them in a new workbook. My problem is that when I have multiple sheets
selected, and then open another workbook, Excel 'forgets' about the multiple
sheets I have selected, and remembers only the first sheet. The result is
that when I think I am copying data from mutliple sheets at once (which is
what I want to do), I am actually only copying data from the first sheet.
This is extremely annoying - why does Excel think it knows what I want to do
better than I do? If I select multiple sheets I expect them to STAY selected
until I un-select them myself - even if I open another workbook! I am using
Windows XP Prof., and Office 2003 with SP2 (applying SP2 neither caused nor
solved this problem).