Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR

Default Nesting Index and Match Functions

Try this *array* formula in C2 of SLIC:

=INDEX(ALSTAR!$C$2:$C$100,MATCH(1,(ALSTAR!$A$2:$A$ 100=A2)*(ALSTAR!$B$2:$B$10
0=B2),0))

And copy down as needed.
--
Array formulas are entered using CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead of the
regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in curly

--

HTH,

RD

"Malone" wrote in message
No. All of the data is in columns. I need to pull the "PLISN" from
Worksheet "ALSTAR" into Worksheet "SLIC" ased on a match of data in column
"A" and "B". Both worksheets contain the same data columns (ie, Part No,
LCN, PLISN).

Example:

"A" "B" "C"
Part No. LCN PLISN
4116-2 AFY BFGC
5678 AFC AFER
ETC.
--
God Bless!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

So part numbers go down (say) column A and LCN's go across (say) row 1.

If yes, then take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site:

She's got a few examples there.

Malone wrote:

I have 2 worksheets that I need to compare "Part No" and "LCN" to return

the
"PLSIN" associated with the match between the worksheets of the two data
points. Can anyone provide guidance?

--
God Bless!

--