Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
michael

Default use displayed value in calculation

Mladen_Dj wrote:
What is result in M1 cell?

the a1 and b1 cells are the beginning and ending time values that use
the hh:mm:ss format.

so a1 could read 08:00:00 and b1 could read 08:23:37. the value of the
m1 cell is determined using =(b1-a1) to display a formatted time value
of 00:23:37 in the m1 cell.

the n1 cell would be used to convert the m1 displayed value to a
decimal, =(m1*.017), which would then display 0.39729 or .40 as I have
the cell set to round up to two decimal places.

to which my asking for help as the value being displayed in the n1 cell
is 0.00.

michael