Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CCAP

Default Here's a challenging question for you...

Okay, let me set up the scenario for you...
My office has two office managers/executive assistants. These two ladies
over the years have had 3 different computer systems(in pairs, totalling 6).
They've also gone through several versions of Excel during this time.
Here's the mystery...
When the first lady, we'll call her 'A', opens one of a certain few xls
documents she has to double click each column in order to make the colmuns
more narrow so that they fit on a printed page. The second lady, 'B', always
has to double-click the columns to widen them so that she can see the text in
the cells.
As I said, this has gone on for the past 5 years. They only just discovered
they were working against one another, one widening and the other shrinking
the columns. The question is, why is Excel treating the file differently on
the virtually identical computers? And even more confusing, why have the
symptoms followed the same user over 3 different systems? A always has to
shrink, B always has to widen to get the same results on a printed page.
I invite you to take a stab at solving this problem for us. It's quite a
mystery to us!
Thanks!!!
Matt Tyree