Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

Default Date format not correct when you convert a CSV text file in Excel

As long as Excel has recognized the input as a date, reformatting is simple.
Select the column of dates, then Format Cells, select the Number tab. If
you choose the 'Date' category, you can select a number of pre-defined
formats for displaying the dates. If you choose the 'Custom' category, you
can indicate your own preference, for example by typing "dd/mm/yyyy" in the
text box.

"Scarab" wrote:

Within my CSV file the date is in the format dd/mm/yyyy, when I convert it
into Excel 2003 the date appears in the format mm/dd/yyyy.
I see this problem also appeared in Excel 2002 but the regfix supplied by
Microsoft Knowledge base KB835718 does not work for Excel 2003.
Please any suggestions?