Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bannor

Default selecting multiple sheet tabs and open another workbook

I often have to move or copy data from multiple worksheets at a time and
paste them in a new workbook. My problem is that when I have multiple sheets
selected, and then open another workbook, Excel 'forgets' about the multiple
sheets I have selected, and remembers only the first sheet. The result is
that when I think I am copying data from mutliple sheets at once (which is
what I want to do), I am actually only copying data from the first sheet.
This is extremely annoying - why does Excel think it knows what I want to do
better than I do? If I select multiple sheets I expect them to STAY selected
until I un-select them myself - even if I open another workbook! I am using
Windows XP Prof., and Office 2003 with SP2 (applying SP2 neither caused nor
solved this problem).
--
Philip