Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SimonW-UK

Default When saving CSV excel always prompts about the file format

I work with a lot of csv files all day and they have to be this format for
other applications and scripts to use them.

Everytime I save Excel prompts "filename.csv may contain features that are
not compatible with csv, do you want to keep this format". This is the case
even with Control S. The only formating is that I make the columns big
enough for me to read whats in each cell.

Anyway - can I turn off this prompt so that Excel just saves the file as csv?

Thanks,
Simon