JPANDRE JPANDRE is offline
Junior Member

Location: London

Kostis,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Here are our numbers as they appear on the screen, expanded out:

From the table array:
-1.09000000000000000000000000000000

The Lookup Value
-1.09000000000000000000000000000000

If I take one from the other, and multiply the result by 10^14 it returns the value of 0.0666133814775094

Our Vlookup formula is as follows, as the table is in ascending order (-10 is at the top, and -1.09 is at the bottom, with about 12 points in between).

=+VLOOKUP(I28,'Tables'!$D$376:$F$388,3,TRUE)

We have fixed the scorecard now by placing a "round" function in the table array. Interestingly, to prove a point to my director who was sceptical about it being due to "noise", the number of decimal places I put to round to was 120, and the formula now returns the "correct" result for our scorecard.

Best Regards
John Andre

Last edited by JPANDRE : November 16th 05 at 05:09 PM