Phyllis

Default Vlookup, Index & Match

Is it possible to combine vlookup with the index and match
functions? Since the Index & Match are array formulas, I
don't think it's possible to combine it with vlookup.
Here's my dilemma:

Sheet 1
A B C D
JobCode1 JobCode2 Union Local Seniority Code

Sheet 2
A B C D
SSN JobCode2 Union Local Seniority Code

Sheet 3
ssn

What I'm trying to do in Cell b1 of sheet 3 is lookup the
ssn in a1 and match it to the ssn on sheet 2. When it
finds a match then match JobCode2, Union Local & Seniority
Code on Sheet2 to the same on sheet1, then return JobCode1.

I hope this make sense. I was able to do an array formula
using index and match to match JobCode2, Union Local &
Seniority Code to return JobCode1, but cannot figure out
how do it based on the ssn.

Any suggestions?

thanks
phyllis